Monday, November 30, 2009

A Time of Thanks and Giving!

I love this time of year! It just has this warm feeling. I love seeing our Christmas tree sparkle with the lights, the smell of pine from our tree, and the wonderful Christmas music. (mainly The Forgotten Carols and 100.3 fm) We have been making many changes to our home, to make it feel much more homey! When i get pictures taken i will post them!


This past week was a much needed break from work! We were able to surround ourself with family, which is always rejuvenating! My dad and sister came up Wednesday and stayed for Thanksgiving Day, and YES we did have a unique Thanksgiving.....




ha, we were definitely greatful for Golden Coral! Endless steak, ham, turkey, potatoes, pie, and much much more! Some people think its wierd we supported the local Golden Coral, but my dad and Matt couldn't have been more excited! After that, we went home and had pie at our house later that night..






Later that night we went to the Jazz game and watched them beat the Bulls. We went a little before and went down on the court and watched the Team warm up... Yet again, Matt and my dad were in Heaven! haha



Matt and I had to work on Friday, (stupid Retail...) but we went over to Grandma Bean's for a Pizza party after work. That was so good to be able to see all our family and visit with them for a while. Saturday morning we headed to Richfield. We had a REAL Thanksgiving dinner made by Matt's mom (who is the best at making thanksgiving dinner EVER, by the way), and then went to the Ideal Dairy for a nice treat and also to celebrate Matt's Birthday. (which was on Sunday) I suprised him a PS3 and some clothes. Of course he likes the PS3! Matt, I love you so much! I am complete and content! Your such a hard worker and always finding a way to make me feel important! Happy Birthday!



Gee.. we love our simple life! I love being around our family and hearing what is new with all of them! It was also good to spend some time with Beth! I am so greatful to have married into such a strong family and also to have some good family support from my family. Obviously at this time of the year we reflect on the many things we are greatful for. I always feel a little more generous and happy and thankful around the holiday season! Some simple things i am thankful for...


- My Supportive Husband - My Dog Max - Ice Cream - My Favorite Sis - My Job - My Cell Phone :) - Flexible Finances - Warm Clothes - Warm Water - Guitar Hero - The Support from my Dad - Wonderful In-Laws - My Home - Long Time Friends - KSL - Amazon.com - Pomegranate 7-up - My Computer - My working Car -

The list could go on and on... I am greatful for this time of year! I am greatful i don't have everything i want, because honestly.. What would i have to look forward too? I am greatful for difficult times, because it helps me to grow and develop. I am greatful for my limitations, because it gives me the opportunity for improvement. I am greatful for new challenges, because it gives me strength and character. I am greatful for mistakes, because they teach me valuable lessons. I am slowly learning to be greatful for setbacks, because they teach me all the time that in need to humble myself and continue trying at this difficult thing we call LIFE. I guess I hope we can all find a way to be greatful for our trials, because they can be a greatest blessings!

We hope you all have a wonderful Holiday Season!

4 comments:

Kiana Don said...

Love it. Love it. Love it! What a great holiday you had! I really need to come and see your cute home! Matt looked STOKED for his present and I say good call on Golden Coral! haha! You are so funny, and I love reading your blog! I am thankful for CRYSANY and Matt! :)

Shandi said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great thanksgiving! It didn't surprise me too much that you went to the golden coral he he. Thanks for updating :) I love seeing what you guys are up too

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

That sounds like a busy yet fun holiday! Same with us, busy but fun and nice to be with family :)

Jessica said...

I told you I'd stalk you. ;D I just read a bunch of your posts! You guys sound like you're having a good life. Yay! I'm so glad you have a blob so we can stay updated!