I apologize in advance for being very vague… I intend this post to be this way.
It is so incredible and humbling to watch my life play out. I have had a rough last few years with many changes that I would not have chosen for myself. But now, more than ever before, I believe that things definitely happen for reasons unknown at that time. With patience and faith, we will one day understand the meaning for all of our trials. After one of these difficult changes I had to go through, I was home just surfing the internet. I wasn’t doing anything in particular and I came across this quote by President Gordon B. Hinckley:
Things Work Out
"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is.
It all works out. Don't worry.
I say that to myself every morning.
It will all work out.
If you do your best, it will all work out.
Put your trust in God and move forward
with faith and confidence in the future.
The Lord will not forsake us.
He will not forsake us if we put our trust in Him.
If we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessing,
He will hear our prayers."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley
I can humbly say, I have been blessed beyond measure. I get up each morning and read this quote and it brings a new hope into my life. I talk to my dad pretty much every day. He has told me every day for the past two months, “Crysany, good things happen to good people. Hang in there. Things will all work out!” Yesterday, a good thing happened to a good person. I was extended an offer for a positive change. I wouldn’t have had the opportunity for this positive change to happen, if a trial didn’t come before it. I am so grateful and humbled to see miracles happen in my own life.
…And the best part about this whole story… I have a husband in my life that is SO amazing! He is always behind me 100%. He is happy, and loving, and positive… even when I make it difficult for him to be that way! He is constantly telling me, “Crysany, things will work out. Don’t Worry!” Yesterday he said to me:
12:19 PM Matthew: i'm proud of you!
12:20 PM Matthew: you never cease to amaze me!
He is the reason I can keep going each day. He is the reason I want to be better every day. I love you so much Matt!
Trials and change can sometimes seem horrible to us, but I have seen so much good from them in my own life. I am honestly just so grateful for the words of President Hinckley! Things really do work out! If we put our trust in the Lord, he will make things available to us that we never knew existed! I can truthfully say that I am thankful for the changes I have had to go through to get me to the point I am now!
16 years ago

1 comment:
Congrats on the new job! I actually love that quote too and have it on a bookmarker in my scriptures and just read it again yesterday :)
Post a Comment