Friday, September 3, 2010

In Loving Memory

Sometimes life throws challenges at you that may not seem fair. We don't understand a lot of the things that we have to go through while living here on this earth. For me, it is very easy to become selfish and ask "why me" or "why does this have to happen?" I experienced another one of these times in my life this past week. As many of you may know, my sister in law Janeece passed away after a very long and courageous battle with Cancer. We all knew this day would come, but it is something you can never prepare yourself for.




My testimony has been strengthed so much about life after death. The temple and symbols have a whole new meaning to me. I have never felt the spirit so strong and felt so much peace and love as I did in the last few moments of Janeece's life. I am so very grateful for the knowlege of knowing she is free from pain and in a much better place. The last few days we spent with her the veil was so thin and she could see things that we only dream of seeing and knowing. In her last few days, i only wish she could know how much she strengthened my testimony and taught me.
From the moment I met her, she began to teach me. She taught me mostly by example. I can't tell you how amazing of a mother she was to her kids. She was always so patient and loving and sweet. Her voice was always so gentle and through everything she went through, she was always worried about everyone else's comfort and happiness. Our family will miss her very much.



Experiencing this big loss in our family has made me take a deeper look at life. It can be so fragile. It is so short and should be so happy. Even after Janeece went through all the many trials she went through, she found the strength the day before she passed to say "I have had an amazing life!" I think that is a lesson that we can all learn from. What an amazing woman. What a wonderful inspiration she is to me!

I am so grateful to have been a small part in her life and that i was able to receive the joys from her fun personality. I am so grateful for a wonderful brother-in-law who has been so strong through all of this. I admire him so much for the strength he has had! Lastly, i am so grateful for the gospel and the many things I have learned this last week that has continuely shown me the truthfulness of it. Life is to be enjoyed not just endured and Janeece taught all of us that very thing!!





The funeral was beautiful and she, of course, looked beautiful. May our prayers be with Josh and the kids at this time and our thanks be given to our Heavenly Father for sharing sweet Janeece with us! We can't wait until we can see you again!

2 comments:

Paige said...

How hard! I am so sorry for your loss! But we are truly blessed to have to gospel and know that we will all be together again!! I hope you are doing well! Love you lots!!

Steff said...

So sorry for your loss. What agreat example of a humble and positve woman. Thanks for sharing about her. It gave me strength. I'll keep her husband and kids in my prayers, as well as you and your husband.